Monday, January 20, 2020

CONSTRUCTION: FILM POSTER

I began with taking the original image and taking the board in the background, and making it centre frame, as the original was off to the left. This involved me using the cut tool to remove it and then paste it in so I could reposition it.

I selected Jack (myself) only and tinted myself with a 75% hue drawing more attention to myself than the other characters as i wanted the audience focus to be on me- being the protagonist. I chose to change the hue to a black and white tone in order to fit the genre and create a more sinister image.



I then monochromed the whole image but layered Jack on top meaning the effect wasn't applied to him. I also added the credits at the bottom of the photo in the empty space underneath Jacks hands, using the conventional slim writing.


After establishing the base of my poster, I added two awards to give it authenticity along with followed the convention of putting the actors names at the top, over the right character they played. I used the same colour for the font as i did with the blood which was a sticker that I trimmed and resized to put coming down the wall. I believe this furthered the sinister tone and was a visual clue to the audience addressing the thriller genre along with a hint to the plot of murder- intriguing them to watch the film.

1 comment:

  1. You have a good eye for layout and have positioned your subject effectively in the frame. The poster positions Jack as the protagonist but also suggests that he is being questioned, which is the central mystery in your trailer: how reliable is he as a narrator? Excellent understanding of genre conventions.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME EXAMINER

MAX GREEN CANDIDATE NUMBER 1629 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL Welcome to my blog! ...